Need an Edmonton Personal Injury Lawyer? Here’s What to Look For
If you have been injured in an accident, Edmonton injury lawyers can assist you with your personal injury claim. But how do you decide which lawyer will be the best for you? What makes a great accident injury lawyer? This post discusses what you should look for when hiring a personal injury lawyer, explains some of the advantages of hiring a local Edmonton accident injury lawyer, and highlights what sets the team of personal injury lawyers at McCourt Law Offices apart from other Edmonton accident injury lawyers.
What to look for when hiring a personal injury lawyer
Edmonton car accident victims are often overwhelmed by the insurance claims process and the thought of having to start a lawsuit to obtain fair compensation can be too much to think about, especially when already struggling to cope with the pain and day-to-day limitations caused by the accident injuries. Having the right personal injury lawyer can make a world of difference for accident victims and relieve their stress. Here are the top attributes to look for when hiring an accident injury lawyer:
• Availability. Does the lawyer take the time to meet with you to discuss your claim and explain the legal process? Accident victims should not be left in the dark about how the claims process works. A good personal injury lawyer will take the time to shed light on the steps you will need to take and the range of compensation you can expect to receive. Your lawyer should keep you well-informed and be available to answer your questions.
• Communication skills. This is related to the first point and is equally important. Does the law firm answer your emails and return your phone calls promptly? Are communications courteous, timely, and informative? Great personal injury lawyers and their staff understand that a personal injury law firm is not just a business. Clients deserve to be treated with compassion and respect. If you feel brushed off by the lawyer or the staff of the law firm, that is a major red flag.
• Proven track record. Experienced personal injury lawyers will have made a name for themselves within the legal community and with insurance companies. Insurance adjusters know which lawyers will fight for their clients and which lawyers will always take the easy settlement. Consider the lawyer’s track record for both out-of-court settlements and trial verdicts. A great lawyer will have the skills and knowledge to negotiate settlement and the experience and commitment to take a claim to trial – along with the insight to know which of those two routes is needed to secure the compensation you deserve.
Advantages of hiring a local personal injury lawyer
Edmonton-based McCourt Law Offices has been assisting motor vehicle accident victims obtain compensation for their personal injuries since 1995. Through our 20+ years of experience, we have come to know that there are some key advantages associated with hiring a local personal injury lawyer:
• Practically speaking, having a local lawyer will make things easier for you, as you will not have to travel far to attend meetings, appointments, or assessments. It’s also worth noting that if you are too injured to attend meetings, a good local personal injury lawyer will come to meet with you at home or in the hospital.
• A local lawyer will know the ins-and-outs of the nearby roads and conditions (which can be invaluable if fault for the accident is disputed), will know the best doctors and treatment providers in your community, and will have a roster of experts and resources in your area they can call upon to help build your claim.
• A local lawyer will have a proven track record in the legal community and with insurance companies. An Edmonton personal injury lawyer who is worth their salt will have built up a reputation for securing successful results and will have earned the respect of other lawyers, insurance adjusters, and the courts.
What sets McCourt Law Offices apart?
McCourt Law Offices has a demonstrated track record of excellence. We are dedicated to serving our clients and to achieving consistently successful outcomes. Don’t just take our word for it – read some of the testimonials from our satisfied clients. In addition to having the commitment and experience to obtain great results for our clients, we also provide the local advantage. Mr. McCourt was born and raised in Edmonton and each of the team of experienced Edmonton personal injury lawyers at McCourt Law Offices received their legal education and training in Alberta. We are actively involved in the community and proud to call Edmonton home. Call 780-448-0011 today to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our Edmonton personal injury lawyers. You deserve fair compensation. At McCourt Law Offices, we pledge to fight for your right to full and fair compensation.